I'm so proud of myself as I am making my first post with a picture...maybe technology and I will become friends someday. :)
This just happens to be one of my most favorite pictures from the summer, and I think it summarizes "The Magic of the Woods" for those who haven't been to Bradford Woods. Regardless, this picture was taken on the first Challenge Day of the summer. Basically what that means is that the kids can pick whatever challenges they want and staff helps they accomplish what they want. It's SUCH an awesome awesome day and definitely one of my favorite memories from every camp session! For this challenge, we had a 12 year old girl who doesn't walk at all, and she walked over 400 feet for one of her challenges!!! There was about 5 staff with her and we rotated out who would hold her up and who would move her feet. Such an awesome awesome memory....I get chills just thinking about that walk! Regardless, I saw this picture on my screen saver today and I thought it would make a good post.
In this picture I see my walk with Christ. There I am, unable to walk, function, or do ANYTHING on my own but He has my back....literally. He is the one thing that I hold on to in the craziest of moments and NO MATTER WHAT, He's always holding me up! Then there are the people helping me move forward, step by step, through everything in life. I am blessed to have a wonderful group of people surrounding me that help me make progress through this crazy life! I would not make it without them. Even in the hardest of times, the Lord will carry us through. He guarantees that He will give rest to the weary-hearted.....even we think we can't make it any longer, He will carry us through whatever mess we have gotten ourselves into.
Matthew 11:28-30........"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
No comments:
Post a Comment