Side note: I'm not a pity party sort of a person, but here is some major venting. Thought I should let you all know before you continue reading.
Ya know when your cookie crumbles into a million little pieces, and you're sad that you can't have it back? That is where I am. Broken and feeling like I'm drowning in a sea of stress/homework/struggles/projects.
Never have I ever felt like this before. Feeling rested and optimistic is a thing of the past and I don't know how things got to be this way. For the first time in my life, I am BEYOND struggling with academics-- it seems like I am understanding the concepts, but when it comes time to step up and take a quiz/test, I fall apart. Even when I am the slightest bit optimistic, everything seems to fall apart right in front of me. I don't know what to do and I want the "old me" back. Pronto. I'm praying that I will feel rejuvenated after a trip to camp this weekend--a place full of the BEST memories, although I'm afraid it will just put me further behind in my classes.
This is my final post until things start turning around; I'm going to try to use the Facebook/computer less until I can get things in gear.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Failure...what do you think of when you read that word...Failure...go ahead really think. Somethings I've learned about failure over the years (as I have no doubt become more familiar with it) is that the connotation is one of the most negative in the English language. In today's society when is it ever good to fail? We look down on failure...we fear it (at least I do). It's more than we did one thing wrong. We must have done a lot of things wrong. Why is that so bad? To get things wrong I mean? Now I don't want to give you the routine mistakes is how we learn speech...but think of it this way. Many of the kids that you work with (or will work with) fail on a daily basis at what most people can do naturally for whatever reason. They see hundreds of people that can do things they can't but desire to do. They try and try and try and fail. They fail. Em, how are you going to teach them to continue to try through failure if you have never failed at anything? School is what is important to you..it is what your good at...I'm not telling you not to want to succeed. But...to fail at what you want most..is what these kids will do hundreds of times a day. Talking..walking..eating..breathing..swimming..running..socializing...and a million other things that you will have to help them get through. I guarantee, you will now know how to do that better since you have failed. A better life isn't something that we think of when someone mentions failure...but sometimes that is exactly what happens.
ReplyDelete