Friday, March 12, 2010

.dresses.

Let me start off with this: I think that spending very little time in my hometown, realizing that I'm weeks away from graduating with my bachelor's degree, and seeing all the changes going on around me is making me a reflective person. Being in my 20's is a time full of changes and I suppose this is the time to step it up and live life to the fullest....
So I'm laying here in my bed, staring at two dresses hanging from my closet. One is for my roommate's wedding in 10 weeks and the other is one I bought today for my undergraduate graduation on May 1 from UIndy. Quite frankly, I never thought I'd need either of these dresses. Three and a half years ago, I hated living in Indiana/being away from my family and my roommate and I had JUST become friends after living together for over a semester (gotta love the random roommate placements!). Even in the times between 2006 and 2010, I thought things would change ON MY TIME. ha. My roommate and I have had our fair share of annoyances/arguments, but she is one of my best friends with everything we've been through! I honestly wanted to go back to school in Ohio where I knew people because I hated being out of my comfort zone in Indianapolis.
Thank goodness those are things of the past. Being so close to graduation has made me realize how many ways my life has changed throughout college. There's the option of dwelling on all the negatives: some lost relationships with HS friends, some lost relationships with college friends, experiencing heartbreak, feeling lonely, and becoming more disconnected from things in Ohio. OR there is the realization that Indianapolis has changed my life in so many ways FOR GOOD: a newfound love and yearning to grow deeper with Him, doing life with other strong Christian women, camp!, and learning to be independent. The Creator has seen me through so much only in the last four years and all the changes that came with it...and I have no doubts that He has great plans for me for the next four years and beyond! Even when more people have come and gone in my life, stages of life have changed, and the NBCOTs have been passed (hopefully!), there is one thing that will NEVER EVER change. Him. That is the thought that has gotten me through so much in the last four years and will continue to help me persevere through whatever things come my way. I suppose I will just throw in some super awesome lyrics to conclude this post, because I can't even imagine how many times this song has been my prayer.....an excerpt from Chris Tomlin's Everlasting God:

"You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary"

1 comment:

  1. wish it was the easy things that make us grow as people..but sadly it's the trials. you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete