Thursday, March 18, 2010

.music.

So I have realized that this is the second post in a row that I'm writing about music. Well I feel that writing about music is a must right now, because my life is a little more complete. I saw Francesca Battistelli in concert tonight and it was fantastico! She was part of the Rock and Worship Road Tour, which was super awesome....minus the slightly bizarre Family Force 5. Can't say I'm a huge fan. Regardless, seeing MercyMe, Fee, Francesca, and David Crowder with wonderful people was well worth it. Despite all of the amazing music tonight, one thing stuck out more than anything. It was seeing one of my campers, who just happened to be sitting in the same section! He uses a power chair and requires a constant oxygen supply...but that kid can totally rock out to David Crowder. Seriously, seeing him head bang with the music was great, such an awesome awesome expression of worship. It made me super happy. :)
Also, tonight just made me more thankful that God has a plan for all of us. I LOVE concerts but there is no way that everyone could ever be that talented at music. I LOVE that God has created some people with such amazing talents that I could sit and listen to them sing all day. Really. Despite 8 years of piano lessons and 7 years of band, I have concluded that I am not really all that musical. I would never ever have the desire to continue playing/performing music....although I do enjoy the occasional rock-out session on the piano when I'm in Findlay. Although this post seems super random (and honestly, it is!) realizing that I'm not exactly a musical person has been important to me today. We had to pick new class electives for fall semester and I had mine down to two choices: a class about injuries common to hand-overuse in musicians and a class about AAC (Augmentative and Adaptive Communication). I basically just wanted to take the music class because the teacher is easy and I like music. However, something inside of me wanted to take the AAC class. So I did. Tonight confirmed that I honestly think that not being in a music-type class will be WAY more exciting for me than if I sat through it for 12 weeks. Music is NOT my thing, but I am so thankful that it is a God-given gift that so many other people can put to good use.

No comments:

Post a Comment