Thursday, March 25, 2010

.rmanova.

Another week down. 1 day of fieldwork, 16 days of classes, a ridiculous large number of presentation/projects/papers and 7 finals are separating me from summer. Although I haven't seen any tears at school in a couple weeks, I think this was the week when people started losing it. I have never seen a group of 17 people be SOOO out of it for 6 straight hours. One person wrote on my facebook wall which then started a long conversation on the wall post, and then the girl behind me starts emailing me telling me to stop facebooking, or she's going to turn me in (which of course was clearly sarcastic). All this was happening while we were SUPPOSED to be learning RMANOVA...which we all clearly failed at (side note: epic fail on my group's part since this is what we're using for our thesis project...oops!) . And then we got to biomechanics and arms were flailing, there was excessive singing/screaming, and there was lots of giggling and speaking Spanglish. Our professor was taken aback when she walked in because normally by Thursday afternoon we are all completely dead. Not this week. We've all passed that point and we're into some sort of laughing/crazy delirium. So yes, I love OT school, I really do, but it's slowly eating away at all of us.
The point I am making with this point is that these weeks of mass chaos are really bonding us and I LOVE to see that. This adversity that we face can really only be understood by each other; I could complain and explain every assignment I have to do between now and April 29, but no one really knows what all this means, except my classmates. We are all SUCH incredibly different people, but we are going through the same trials/problems everyday and that's where such cool friendships are thriving. Its been incredible to be a part of this program and to grow close to people who share the same passions as I do.
Here is the kicker: As much as I love bonding (and venting/complaining) with classmates, what would it look like if I clung to God during all of this adversity? No, not in place of my classmates, because they are great, but what if I clung to Him tighter than anything else. How often do we turn to someone/something because it will give us the instant gratification that we want/"need"? Is that what we REALLY need? He cares about our stresses/problems even more than the people in our lives. It's just so much easier to turn to my friends because they are here, tangible, willing to listen, and usually willing to tell me what I want to hear. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE OT, but what if every time I complained about this-and-that, I turned to Him. Turning to Him would reveal all of that comfort AND MORE. The satisfaction that never ends....something that even the world's best OT student could never provide ;)After an amazing talk at The Dwelling tonight, I have decided to turn these next 5 weeks over to Him. Although it's so easy to turn to classmates, I want to turn to Him first. He knows the future and my trust in Him is what will get me through this temporary time of craziness.

Hey now, this is my desire
Consume me like a fire, 'cause I just want something beautiful
To touch me, I know that I'm in reach
'Cause I am down on my knees, I'm waiting for something beautiful
-Something Beautiful, by Needtobreathe
Oh, something beautiful

1 comment:

  1. I heard that song on the radio this morning :) good choice.

    ReplyDelete