Well, I'm not sure if anyone has the slightest interest in what's been happening in my life the past 2 1/2 months, but I have now left "the camp bubble" and have unfortunately returned to a place we call "the real world". That means that my communication (or stalking) will resume over the next couple weeks, and then we'll see what happens when my POTENTIAL last year of school starts! Mass craziness...
Regardless, I don't think I could fit into one entry the changes in my life and the lessons learned in the last 2 1/2 months; I've decided to break it down week by week to TRY to explain how I witnessed His work through the lives of our campers, staff, and situations/incidents of Summer 2010.
I suppose to put things into a short summary, I learned the importance of communication this summer. A majority of the problems from this summer came from a lack of communication between staff members, but there is SO much more to be learned here than just the mass chaos of 10 weeks at camp. I neglected to take my designated "2 hour a day breaks" because my job simply didn't allow me to do that and be around my campers as well. Since I didn't take my breaks, I didn't make any phone calls except an occasional one to the parentals on the weekend. Relationships suffer without communication. For sure. Not only between people, but between myself and Christ. I know that I fell away from devotions/alone time this summer MUCH more than I should, but given the circumstances of the summer and needing to find time to seek physical rest overtook the importance of spending time in the Word, in my mind. Bad choice. Although I feel that some areas of my life are disconnected right now (and trying to return to "normal"), learning to communicate with campers was AMAZING. Seriously, as much as I complained about my job, I LOVED it. Learning to communicate non-verbally with so many different people has been such a cool learning experience and it makes me more excited to go back to school to take my AAC class!!!!
Regardless of whether or not this post made sense, I am back in the blogging world and trying to reflect on how I made praising Him a habit this summer. <3
Tuesday, August 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
<3 missed you. and your blog. and also, what kind of devotional are you using? I need a good recommendation :)
ReplyDelete