So as I have been procrastinating on packing for camp, I've been looking at old videos, pictures and reading through the journal I kept while I was at camp last summer. And I love what I have to say about "ditties" while journaling. There is one ditty that uses the phrase "a-rick-a-bamboo" and it is by far one of my less favorite ditties, except for the fact that a-rick–a-bamboo is an awesome word. Other than the fact that I've made it over the hump of "oh my gosh I'm going to freak out because I have a leadership role at camp this summer" and I'm just starting to get plain excited about going there and meeting new people. YAY!!! Although I'm super pumped and can't wait to start everything, I know that there are two long weeks of training and PLENTY of ice breakers and people to meet before we can start things off! It is my prayer that we are able to bond quickly and integrate the new staff into the camp family, as we have a large number of returners from 2009. Prayers for intentional, drama-free friendships between the staff members would be much appreciated!!! :)
As for the blog, well, I will be taking a break from it for a while. I will try my best to post when I am up visiting Indy, but there's no way that I'll be able to post while I'm on property (3 computers + 90 people= mass chaos). However, I have pretty good cell phone service and I'll try to email when I can....Despite the fact that it's near impossible to keep in contact with so many wonderful people God has blessed me with, I am STOKED for another opportunity to live without relying on email/cell phones/TV/cars to have fun this summer!
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
:) so excited to hear your stores!!! praying for you!
ReplyDelete