Life has been moving at a million miles an hour this last week...and all of the changes have left my head spinning like CRAZY. All of these changes feel soooo surreal and at times, I'm waiting for everything to go back to "normal".
1. Last Wednesday I finished finals. Not just any ol' finals week. It was my last set of undergrad finals AND these finals marked the end of my first year of OT school. Therefore, I am a second year which means I have to be a real person in 18 months AND there are no older OT students in the building next year. Weird.
2. I moved out of Fox Club Apts, thankfully. For every good memory I had there, there was definitely at least one girly dramatic/awkward moment. It's good to leave all of that in the past and look onto maintaining relationships with two of the four roommates who used to live there. I learned quite the handful of lessons in that sketchy apartment, and I don't know that I would change anything about it. I had to learn somehow how to grow up and be a big girl.
2a. I feel like point 2 needs to be expanded upon. Here is where I will do so. My roommate and her fiance are moving in together...and getting married in 2+ weeks. HOW WEIRD. To know that we'll never be roommates again is something I'm struggling to wrap my mind around, even after moving them into the place AND buying their wedding present.
3. I moved into a townhouse/duplex with one old roommate and two other girls. It's just been BEYOND strange because it is the first time that I've lived in Indy without my old roommate being AT MOST a 10 second walk from me (sharing a room with someone for three years just bonds people!). Don't get me wrong, all of my new roommates are great, it's just that we are all on such different schedules/paths that it seems like most of the time we're all home by ourselves, except when we're sleeping.
4. I graduated. How weeeeeeeeird is that!? Just the whole thought of undergrad being over and my friends moving on to bigger and "realer" things. Last night I was at a party with some friends who I'd gotten especially close with over the last couple months and I drove home thinking about how we are all going different places....quite depressing to say the least. AND it's even weirder to say that I am a college graduate...like I have a diploma and I spent 4 years working my booty off to hear my name and "summa cum laude" in front of a gym full of people (maybe not the best use of 3 hours of my Saturday afternoon....haha). Just the whole thought of being a college graduate makes me sound old. Like really old.
5. I started fieldwork IB today. That means that I have to do everything from last semester PLUS taking an initial evaluation of a real client!! Scary..it's like I'm almost a real therapist.
6. A week ago, I got "checked off" to drive the new boat at camp. There's only 8 people allowed to drive it during its first summer. I suppose that my role at camp is starting to hit me now and that I do have a big role in pulling off a lot of things for this summer and I'm a LG/CC anymore.
I suppose this random rambling has been my attempt to sort out my thoughts via blogging. My apologies for any boringness/whiny-ness/etc, but that's where I am and I'm anticipating the continual changes and growth that He will bring me through during the next few months!
Monday, May 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
<3 you. and the fact you said 'realer'. I would comment on each of your points, but I feel that I can summarize by saying that you'll be fine in the big kid world :) you weren't as sheltered as me ;) and if I can do it, you can do it.
ReplyDelete