Saturday, May 15, 2010

.364.

When I head back to camp on Monday, it will be exactly 364 days since the first time I stepped onto property as a member of Summer Staff. I can't even believe that! The last year has absolutely flown by. It boggles my mind that there were so many things I hadn't experienced a year ago. Staff training seems like a couple of months ago, and I remember my first campout so clearly (although I can really live without the whole raccoon attacks during the night this summer)!! I was talking to one of my camp friends from Vancouver, BC tonight and we were talking about how fast the last year has gone. It's amazing how finding the "magic of the woods" has made me feel so much more complete. What a blessing. I suppose that blessing is the only word to describe what camp has done to me. If people could only experience the awesomeness of camp, then they'd see what an amazing blessing this is! Spending 24/7 in the beauty of His creation, with beautiful people made in His image, and serving others who are so easily overlooked by "normal" people. Just so amazing. I honestly don't know if I have truly seen anything as beautiful in all of God's creation until I started working at camp. AHHH....such an amazing amazing thing. Regardless, here goes nothing to a summer full of adventures, memories, growth, and friendships!

No comments:

Post a Comment