Once again, I apologize for the repeated posts about new endings/beginnings, but the idea of change has been consistently on my heart and mind the last few weeks/months. I suppose it has really hit me again these last few days. Friday was my last day of fieldwork which was sad! I loved my fieldwork supervisor and I LOVED working with pediatric clients. I'm definitely going to miss the whole enthusiastic/friendly/happy atmosphere of the clinic. Then I arrived at camp on Friday night and one of the program specialists was talking about how this was the last retreat of the 09-10 off-season, which lead us all to the realization that it would be the retreat we worked where it would be only the 2009 Staff. Then I realized that when I go to BW next, I won't be with all of my close friends...it will be a whole new sea of faces, which honestly scares me. I have made such AWESOME friends in the last 10 months at camp and I can't imagine changing things from how I know them to be. And then this morning, saying bye to our campers was REALLY hard. I know we were only together ~40 hours, but our cabin REALLY bonded over such a short time, which I found to be surprising. I was switched to work in the boy's cabin at the last minute because the boy's cabin was MUCH more difficult than the girl's cabin this weekend. I was anticipating the weekend because I knew that we had some campers who are infamous for being "difficult". But it was an AWESOME weekend. Spending time with those guys opened my eyes to how AWESOME they all are, despite the fact that they are a little more difficult to care for.
Back to the point of this post, why do we dislike change? Maybe it's just me, but I feel like there are a lot of negative connotations associated with change. Honestly, for me, I think I dislike change because of fear of the future. I am a schedule-oriented person and I always like to know what's coming next. Unfortunately, that's not how life rolls...but it would be SO much more convenient if I knew what was coming next!! If I already knew where I'd be doing my long-term fieldworks, if I already knew I'd meet a new great set of friends this summer, if I knew that I'd still love being an OT after one great fieldwork placement. That is where faith comes in. Faith doesn't apply only to "spiritual" matters, rather it should be consuming my EVERY worry/concern/stress. Hahaha...it sounds so easy when I put it like that, but yet SO difficult to apply to life. Basically, I have fallen in love with Hebrews this year, so here's some more wise words from The Word:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. -Hebrews 11:!
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
love you :) I agree..life would be so much easier if we knew what was coming next. but I think sometimes that would make it a bit more boring. who knows.
ReplyDelete