So basically every time I leave camp, I am on a "camp high" and I stay there for a couple days. I am completely content with that. It just makes me SOO thankful that God has put a place that means a lot to me in my life. I can't even imagine how differently my life would look right now without the experiences and friendships I have made since May. I could honestly blog for hours about how I've seen God work through me in the lives of others since the past summer, but I will refrain since I'm sick-ly and I need to get some sleep soon. Regardless, I was just thinking about how sometimes God works in the smallest little moments in our lives, but those impact us the most. On Saturday night I gave a "sunset cruise" to the parents on the beloved pontoon called Skidmark. The parents seemed to enjoy it, and we saw the resident bald eagles of camp while we were on the lake, so that was awesome. Sunday morning when we were packing up everyone, a mom of a camper came over and found me packing up another camper's stuff. I turned around and she just gave me a big hug (and I just LOVE hugs!!!) and thanked me for the pontoon ride and for helping take care of her son for the weekend. I was SERIOUSLY surprised that this random lady appreciated the work that I had done that much. It was especially meaningful because this camper is one that has a reputation for being very "challenging" for staff. It was such a perfect way to say goodbye to that camper and his family. Having moments like that make every stress/chaotic moment of my job well worth it. And I only have The Creator to thank for placing such wonderful people in my life and for the experiences I've been blessed to have in the last year.
I thought I would end this post with lyrics from Rob Thomas' "Little Wonders":
our lives are made
in these small hours
these little wonders,
these twists & turns of fate
time falls away,
but these small hours,
these small hours still remain
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
little God moments are the best ever :)
ReplyDelete