Sunday, March 21, 2010

.princess consuela bananahammock.

So it has been my roommate's goal to get me to watch all 10 seasons of Friends in the last 12 months. Yesterday we made it through the final two disks and I'm DONE! I absolutely love Phoebe's character, hence the awkward name for this post (if you have never seen Friends, I'm sure the title makes no sense to you). So yes, that's exciting and all to have seen every episode, but we were both in tears through the last one. I know, I know it's just a TV show and normally movies/TV don't really make me cry, but this was just sad. The last scene shows the cast standing in an empty apartment and all leaving their keys to the apartment on the counter. That basically just asks for tears. After watching this episode, we realized that we'd be doing the same thing as our beloved character friends in a matter of weeks. We'll be moving out of the glorious 2711 Lane and going our own ways...with our fair share of tears. My roommate will be getting married and I'll be moving with our other roommate into a new townhouse with two other girls. It will be the first time in my roommate and I's entire friendship that we'll be living in the same city, more than a 10 second walk from each other. I am incredibly thankful for what has become of the "random roommate assignment" in 2006, and quite frankly, without my roommate in my life, God would have had to make some other way to hold me down to Indianapolis, because I didn't want to stay here.
I suppose this post it rather pointless other than the fact that graduation-y sort of things are really starting to hit me. Yes, May 1 is a day we've been counting down to for FOREVER but it's really almost here. I suppose I will just end this post with a quote from the great C. S. Lewis.....

"There are better things ahead than any we leave behind."

4 comments:

  1. PAHAHAHAHAHA! I LOVE FRIENDS!! Oh my goodness i've been watching episodes since my roomie has the entire collection. And the last season is my favorite!! Haha when Pheobe stuffs Joey's pants with packing peanuts....oh gosh and just soo much!

    Awesome C.S. Lewis quote, Em. He's the man. And i can't believe you're graduating! WOOO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayyy i LOVE friends too! i just got like 8 seasons for christmas and am making my way through them too!! so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you finished :) the last one is sooo hard to watch..and I'm too tired right now to think of anything beyond Friends, but your post was good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picture this: me, my college roommates, and our entire living room full of our friends during our senior year at miami - after we had cleaned out the kitchen THAT afternoon... watching the last episode ever air for the first time. SAD! still makes me tear up thinking about when we left each other and that was 6 years ago! I feel your pain, but also share you incredible love of FRIENDS (duh)

    ReplyDelete