Sunday, December 12, 2010

.khakis and polos.

I can't believe that in 7 days I'll be home for what will probably be my last Christmas break EVER. When I look at it like this, it makes me want to go for my doctorate...buuuuuuut not that badly ;) I have 5 days left of fieldwork, for which I could not be more thankful. It's definitely been a rough couple of weeks there and I'm ready to be done....mainly I'm ready to be done wearing a combination of the two pairs of khakis and three dark colored polos that I own. I haven't realized how much I really love sweats until I'm forced to rock the khaki/polo look 8+ hours per day for 3 weeks. I'm starting to pack for home for a MUCH needed break and for CAMP this weekend. I'm PUMPED for the Christmas reunion for our adults...I haven't seen any of the adults campers since May, which feels like FOREVER ago! Luckily I will be able to re-connect with a bunch of friends after work each night, so I'm hoping that will make fieldwork a little more bearable. Here's the big 3 things I'm most recently thankful for:
1. Good health. It breaks my heart to see what some of my clients are going through and I can't imagine being in their position.
2. Tide to Go pens. I know this might sound ridiculous, but I spill things all the time. Since I have discovered this wonderful little pen, I think I have saved several items of clothing from various food stains. :)
3. Getting to go "home" to camp soon for the holidays!! It's just such a beautiful place and I can't wait to get there and see all sorts of wonderful people! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment