OH SNAP. how is it diciembre already?! (<--Part of my Christmas break plans include whippin' out some more Spanish to prep for Medical Spanish in the spring!) Well I supposed I am an epic failure about this blogging schtuff. Oops? I mean, I'm gonna go ahead and blame in on being a 2nd year grad student...I feel like that is a legit excuse. I suppose that school kept me over the top, ridiculously busy for the last month. Those last 3 weeks of classes involved turning in 4-5 major assignments per week, as opposed to the normal 0-1 that we had all semester. It was not fun, however, I survived, and kicked it in the butt (just found out today that I have a 4.0 for the semester!) As soon as finals were over I got to head straight home (after an epic double birthday celebration...dating someone with the same birthday is a lil' strange!) for an AWESOME Thanksgiving break. It was just so so good. It made me realize how much I REALLY REALLY have to be thankful for (<-- sorry to end that in a prepositional phrase). Since Thanksgiving break, I've been back in Indy doing clinicals at a hospital. God is DEFINITELY challenging me to love on these clients and my "co-workers". This is no easy task, and these clients are EXTREMELY difficult for me to love on, but God has clearly placed me here for a reason, even though I am unsure of what it is. I guess I am enjoying them, in the respect that I'm NOT in the classroom 8 hours/day anymore AND my homework load is very light...aka I get to see people on weeknights to hang out! :)
Even though I'm semi-miserable at clinicals, God never fails to show His power in my life. Last week my mom FREEEEEEAKED out on me because I haven't started thinking about where I was going to live when I move to Columbus in 3 months. Well, God is a cool guy. I sent one message to the hospital's Facebook page, and sure enough someone who works at the hospital offered to house me for 3 months in her fully-furnished condo. I'm still waiting to talk everything through with her, but WHAT A BLESSING!!!!!!! :)
I suppose I will list my 3 blessings since the last time I've blogged...or at least just 3 good things I can remember from the last month ;)
1. Thanksgiving Day. I've never been close with my extended family, but boy was this the BEST Thanksgiving ever. My family celebrated with close family friends for the entire day (into Black Friday until 8:00 AM) and it was RIDICULOUSLY fun. I haven't laughed that hard in a long, long while :)
2. The BF- I hate to sound cheesy/awkward/mushy-gushy or anything like that, but God has truly blessed me by putting him in my life. Don't know how I would have made it through the last 6 months without ripping my hair out if he wasn't in the picture...
3. Christmas trees- my family picked ours out the last time I was home and it was just LOVELY. They just smell so good and just everything about Christmas makes me happy :) :)
Tuesday, December 07, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've missed your blogs. And this one made my heart smile. Not much longer and I can hug you!!! And you can finally squeeze your niece :)
ReplyDelete