Ok...sometimes I say dumb things. I think the more worn down I get with this semester, the crazier I get, and I say sillier and sillier things. For example, my roommate and I got our cap and gowns for graduation today. I had to go to a lunch for the incoming class of OT students as a "mentor" after we got our cap/gown but she went home and apparently tried on her "graduation regalia" (I think regalia is such a funny word!). During our lunch, I got a text from her that said she couldn't figure out how to put on our stuff. So after I got home from lunch, she and I spent the next 45 minutes prancing around the apartment with our cap, gown, and hood on. It was quite fun...and I basically came out and said that we looked like "emo dinosaurs" because we COULD NOT figure out how to wear these stupid hoods with our black gowns. Like seriously, these hoods are SO pointy on the ends and if I can't figure out how to wear them by May 1, I'm going to look incredibly silly in front of a large group of people. :)
Regardless, buying the whole graduation "regalia" schtuff and meeting the incoming first year OTs made for a WEIRD day. It started the vicious cycle of thinking about changes once again that are coming right around the corner. 11 more days of school, 12 days til the ridiculously stupid lottery :(, 3 weeks til I move, 22 days til graduation, 37 days til camp, and 11 months until I am on fieldwork, and 17 months until I am a real adult. Scary stuff.
Basically what it comes down to, is that I am quite nervous about the changes coming soon, MAINLY the stupid lottery. I'm sure I shall post about it later....especially the results. BUT God, being so cool as He is, has gotten me a bit obsessed with Needtobreathe's latest CD, especially the song, These Hard Times. I think I listened to it about 8 times today and I have found such comfort in these lyrics...such a good song. Also, its such a reassurance that however the detested lottery goes, He is in control and I know that He will put me in the right place at the right time. So here we go...I love these lyrics!!! :)
Give me something brighter
Give me something I can see
Give me something vicious
Give me something I can be
Give me all the love and peace
To end these wars
Give me something sacred
Something worth fighting for
It's clear enough to me
The ugliness I see
Is evidence of who I need
Give me an answer
Give me a way out
Give me the faith
To believe in these hard times
Friday, April 09, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment