I know, I know...just about every post I make is something along the lines of the changes I'm going through...and yet again, the theme pops up in this post. Don't say I didn't give you a warning! :) I just realized how crazy different that my life will be in one month. Obviously, this is something that I have been thinking about a lot lately, but in the mass chaos of the last week, I seem to have kinda forgotten everything that is going on soon. Hmm.....Today I met a student with cerebral palsy that I'll be "assisting" next year. He's absolutely hilarious and I'm so excited too get to know him better! It will be an awesome change of work, compared to being in the library like the last 3 years! But before next semester, there is a little thing called finals. Finals will be Monday-Wednesday. After that I'll be a real college graduate AND done with my first year of grad school. Weird. In a week from now, I'll be living in a different place. I'm not exactly looking forward to dragging everything I've brought in here the last 2 years down the stairs and three blocks down the road...haha. BUT I will have my own room for the first time since 2006, so that's exciting. :) I get a fancy piece of paper that says I have a seemingly worthless psychology degree in 7 days. :) A week from Monday I start my second of six fieldwork rotations....at a nursing home. I'm praying that God will change my attitude about driving an hour everyday to do my fieldwork at a nursing home....none of that sounds appealing to me whatsoever. And ~60 hours after fieldwork ends, I'll move to BW for the summer!!! Speaking of BW, I was there today. I just love that place. I was there to get checked off on the new pontoon and go over some random waterfront stuff. The new pontoon has been named S.S. Kathryn by whoever donated it; I have been told that she is my baby for the summer and I'm allowed to punch people who try to hurt it (Side note: No, punching is not okay at camp, but apparently I have been given an exception to the rule haha). Not to mention, there are only ~8 people who can drive "her" this summer. AHH! More responsibility...but I'm definitely looking forward to being at the waterfront all summer!
Are there loads of changes coming quickly? Yes. Am I ready for it? Oh...somedays. But regardless, I know that He is going to be with me every step of the way!!
Friday, April 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment