Monday, April 19, 2010

.lottery.

I don't especially enjoy games involving risks with lots of unknowns...probably one of the reasons I have no desire to go to Vegas and I'm absolutely terrible at poker. Regardless, I hate when hinge around "risky decisions". I suppose that I would define a decision as risky when there are lots of factors to consider and I don't have a certain preference in any direction. Basically that's what Wednesday's fieldwork lottery comes down to. I wasn't TOO stressed about it...until class today. Sometimes I swear OT school is some sort of wicked social experiment. Ya know...something along the lines of "let's stress out 54 people and then keep them locked up in rooms for 8 hours a day all together and see what happens to them". Seriously...these people are stressing me OUT! There are all sorts of deals being made and crazy stuff. Apparently last year, there were people crying before the lottery began. There will probably be a bloodbath with several of our "girly girls" over the children's hospitals in the southern US. And as comical as that may be, there so many reasons I'm dreading Wednesday. The whole lottery process has been on my heart/mind HEAVILY for weeks now and the fact that I have to finally pick my fieldwork locations is INSANE. I'm still kicking myself for turning down an opportunity to go to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota...I didn't want to go because I thought I'd be super lonely, but it ends up that I have a friend going for one rotation, and it would have been AWESOME to live up there with her! However, I can't imagine moving somewhere where I don't know anyone, leaving Indy, or being stuck at a crummy facility for 3 months. To add to it all, these fieldworks don't even start until March 2011, so who know how different my life will look by then! AHH! Regardless, the one thing keeping me sane is the fact that no matter what happens, no matter where I go, and no matter how crazy things get, He is control and He knows that everything will work out for His glory, even though I can't see any of it! Let's hope that when everything goes down on Wednesday that I can REMEMBER that He is in control of this situation, even if the outcome isn't what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment