When my friend from Florida was visiting last week, we had a "catch up" discussion with a group of Bible study girls about what wave we've been riding. She defines "waves" as what we've been going through lately..and describing it in one word. I said that my wave was 'dynamic' because of all of the changes going on recently. Not only are there changes with graduation, OT school, moving, but recently I've begun to realize how different camp is going to be this summer.
Last night I spent the night at camp with a dear friend, who happens to be the assistant camp director this summer. We started out the night going to get ice cream with some of the year-round camp employees and some of the new summer interns! It was soo great to meet some new faces, but really strange at the same time. When my friend told me we were going out with the interns, I got REALLY excited thinking that they were the 2009 interns. I had to do a double-take and remember that I didn't actually know any of them. I REALLY clicked the international year-round employees; it will be nice to see them around property this summer for sure! The summer interns seemed pretty nice, but I didn't get a chance to talk to them a whole lot. I'm definitely anticipating MONDAY, when I'll meet some more new faces and be re-connected with old camp friends! :)
I think this night was the first time that I really realized that my close friends WILL NOT be back at camp next week and this summer is going to look completely different than 2009 which is a good/bad thing. Luckily my friend and I then spent the rest of the night talking about ways to shine for Him this summer, ways to create intentional relationships with a whole new set of 80+ staff members, and our excitements/fears in new leadership positions. We talked about how things will be very different, but that's not a bad thing at all. The "top dogs" from 2009 have all been replaced, so I'm anticipating a really different summer, but a GREAT one, nonetheless. Basically, it was the best bed chat I've had in a loooong time. I am SO thankful that God brought her back to camp this summer; she will definitely be a solid confidant for the craziness that is camp! She will definitely be a blessing and place to "vent" when needed through the changes that will be occurring this summer. I am honestly getting REALLY anxious/excited/nervous to see how God works throughout the summer!!
I suppose I will end this post with a quote about summer..even though I REALLY don't feel like I've been on summer break for 2 weeks...haha. I love this quote and it's currently featured on our camp staff 2010 facebook group :P (<-- look at me, citing my sources...I apologize for my inner nerd!)
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
<3 you. I'll be praying for you for sure. can't wait to hear about your adventures!
ReplyDelete