I seem to be fixated on the fact that 2011 is a year of unending changes. I suppose when every class continues to remind me that I'm less than 9 months away from being done with classes, needing to register for boards, and needing to look for real big girl jobs. On top of that, there is the whole dilemma of looking for jobs, picking a city to live in, and trying to start the rest of my life. I just had to write a 3 page reflection on "my strategies during fieldwork to prepare for the boards/being a real OT". During which, the 'B' key fell off of my laptop keyboard; it made me slightly excited for the day I get a paycheck and buy a new laptop. I mean, I've had this one for nearly 5 years (which I suppose is a long time in computer years), but I definitely am needing to start making money for real life...and a new laptop. Regardless, last night was much needed.
A dear friend (also, my boss from last summer) came and we had a girly dinner/sleepover night. It was SO great to spend time with her, hear about her life, and and talk about the future. Her contract with summer camp ends in December, so she (like myself) is looking for where God may be leading us in the future. And then, it's always good to have girl talk (about boys/crushes, obviously), cook delicious food (I now can make sweet potato fries!), AND crochet hats. Win. Such a good night, and just a good opportunity to actually talk about LIFE and love (and of course camp) with someone who knows what I'm going through right now AND who shares a heart for helping individuals with disabilities.
In other news, I'm done with 2 weeks of classes, 8 weeks to go. AND I'm sending out my first fieldwork letter this week....EEK!
Sunday, January 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment