Well...here we are, roughly ~365 days after I decided to start blogging. Although I've realized I'm by no means a GOOD blogger, I have made it through a year of posting my thoughts/realizations/silly little stories on this site. In attempt to be a fraction as awesome as Twin (teamhildebrand.blogspot.com), I've decided to reflect on the happenings of the last 12 months in a "Goodbye 2010, Hello 2011" post. BUT in attempt to be thankful for the last year, I'm gonna leave each month with just a few POSITIVE highlights, because 2010 was most definitely full of good times, despite a few rollercoaster-esque moments.
January- Quite frankly, I can't remember much about what happened during this month. I'm gonna go ahead and say that I was blessed to start my second semester of OT school, because I know that actually did happen. Around this time, I think I also decided that I was moving into a friend's townhouse for the following school year.
February- More school. Spent a much needed weekend at my sister's dorm. I wrestled with a lot of emotions during Valentines Day weekend, only to be reminded that I live for an AMAZING God and he has blessed me with so so so many wonderful people in my life.
March- More school, but the highlights of the month included: finishing all 10 seasons of Friends and roadtripping to see Team Hildebrand where we made a super long paper chain awaiting the arrival of Fetus AND my beloved Motorola Razor took a tragic spill.....oops.
April- I finished classes for undergrad/second semester of OT school. I was blessed beyond words with the doors opened for me during the "Class of 2011 OT Lottery" process for our fieldwork assignments.
May- Month of craziness....I graduated college and moved into a new apartment all in the same weekend. I spent 2 weeks doing fieldwork and then moved to camp for the summer for our two weeks of training. And my long time roommate and her boyfriend were FINALLY married and it was one of the most entertaining weddings ever. I also started talking to "the guy who gave the poop talk", who would become my current boyfriend...haha.
June- Spent the whole month at camp and hit up a couple of great weddings. Best day of the summer was doing adaptive waterskiing with kiddos during our two week camp. The two week session was the best (greatest kids ever) and craziest (bed bugs!!!!!!) session ever.
July- Spent the whole month at camp. I could go on and on with this subject, but I shall refrain.
August- Bummed around Findlay and became 'official' with "the guy who gave the poop talk" at camp ;). Went to the Train/Needtobreathe concert which was AMAZING and I started my 3rd semester of OT school.
September, October- School and re-learning to look at the positive side of things when one of my favorite campers passed away. And my niece (not biological, of course) Lily was born!
November- Finished classes for the semester. Had a joint celebration with the bf and I and then spent a week at home for Thanksgiving for the second annual Thanksgiving with my family and our close friends
December- Went to clinicals for the first part of the month and then bummed around Findlay seeing LOADS of wonderful people and then rang in the New Year in Indianapolis!
My sister has jokingly asked what my New Year Resolutions are for 2011. I have told her that it is my goal to stop attending UIndy before the year is over....which sounds incredibly amazing at this point. Although that is true, I have a deep desire to grow deeper in my faith, as I know that 2011 brings many changes with school, clinicals, and searching for a job. Today I picked up a copy of "My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers, as I have heard a lot of good things about it (and seriously, Oswald is just about the coolest name ever). I'm excited to see what He has in store for me during the next 362 days of 2011 :)
Monday, January 03, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I tried to find the picture of us making the chain for my post but failed :( glad you mentioned it :) love you and your list!
ReplyDelete