Monday, February 07, 2011

.disappeared.

Let me be honest here: I hope it's never in God's plan to move me to somewhere where it snows a lot (Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, etc) because I just can't deal with this snow and ice junk very well. I think I would be a much happier person if I didn't deal with the snow. However, if it is in His plan, I guess I'll learn to deal with it.

Regardless, last week was slightly awesome, as I had 2 1/2 days off of school from the ice/snow storm that took over the world. I enjoy being inside, but after that period of being indoors soooo long, it was nice to leave. BUT WAIT....when it came time for Emily+roommates to go to school, 2/4 cars of our house were frozen to the ground. So after making it back to campus last Thursday, I spent the afternoon trying to pry my car and a roommate's car up from the ground. (Side note: This was after I'd spent 3 hours over last 48 hours breaking sheets of ice off my car and driveway). So, all 4 of us girls are chipping away at our driveway, when a neighbor literally pops out of NOWHERE! Craziness. He is able to get both of our cars out of the ice in ~20 minutes and then he helped us free our cars AND he cleared off 1/2 hour driveway in another 30 minutes! Just as my roommates and I were discussing how we wanted to clear off the last part of the driveway, we turn around and the neighbor was literally nowhere in sight! It was the weirdest thing, like he just disappeared! SUCH a God moment when I realized how much one man's time meant that we could all FINALLY drive our cars again and that we could all walk up our driveway (which is quite an accomplishment, given our previous track record of falls in the last week). SUCH a good, good God we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment