Monday, February 21, 2011

.inattention/distractibility.

I am in the middle of a complex research study. I'm not trying to complain about how much work I'm putting into this, BUT some groups are doing analyses of simple surveys or case study interviews, yet my 5 "colleagues" and I have spent the last five months entering over 21,000 data values into the stupid statistical software, recoded variables, and ran more than our fair share of statistical tests (specifically, RMANOVA for any stats nerds who may be reading this!). It's just A WHOLE LOT...more than seems manageable now. Best (insert sarcasm here) part of all: We only have only found 3 variables to be statistically significant over the last two months, and only ~10% of our project needs to be finished. The irony of this all, is that one variable that has seen improvement in the kiddos with the implemented treatment is a decrease in "inattention/distractibility". I pray that I could be more like those kiddos because I CONSTANTLY feel distracted; I have NO CLUE what has gotten into me this semester. I feel like I am quite busy with school, but not more than usual. Night class has truly put a damper on my involvement with Bible study/fellowship at church and it's really starting to bother me. I wish that I could change my schedule and be more focused, but I just don't know what I could do to change that now.
Also, T- 6 weeks until I start working like a semi-real person!

2 comments:

  1. I totally feel that. Praying you'll find discipline in the middle of the craziness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and this song is great: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izNTKPghiq4

    ReplyDelete