Wednesday, February 23, 2011

.tiaras.

I am not going to lie: I do watch the show Toddlers and Tiaras and I get a kick out of it. I don't really know what I like about it, and I'm pretty sure my roommates judge me appropriate amounts for watching this show (season finale tonight at 10...just sayin'...) It's just something about those ridiculous parents and melt-downs of 3 year olds that makes it so very entertaining. From an outsider looking in, every time those silly girls have a meltdown, I just want to (slap them...just kidding) tell them it will all be okay in the end, and when they're older they'll forget this even happened. Basically, I had one of those sort of meltdowns tonight and I just needed to take some time relaxing (aka watching this ridiculous show) to prevent me from completing freaking out about the next 8 months. I literally just talked through this meltdown with my roommate, who is in the same boat....paying off cars, having no steady income, studying for boards, preparing for fieldwork, looking for jobs, starting to pay off loans....scary stuff. *insert deep breath here*

All of my life, in every season, You are still God and I have a reason to sing.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Em, was just rereading this and realized that minus the details, this is how I was feeling the past few weeks (i.e. it doesn't get much better when you DO have a steady income!) and wanted to share that listening to the song "unashamed love" on repeat throughout the day along with pouring over psalm 62 and 63 helped me to refocus (every few minutes, or as often as i needed refocusing... ha) on Him and finding "rest" in Him despite the worries of our days. Don't know if the same will hit the mark for you, but wanted to pass it on. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete