I feel like every kids grows up with some huge crazy dream, but the reality of this is that very few of those dreams are actually fulfilled. I mean, 15 years ago, I REALLY thought I wanted to be a marine biologist who on the side played piano, ran a summer camp, and trained dolphins (that may have been exaggerated a little, but at one point I did want all of the above mentioned jobs). Dreams change...and that's a good thing in some parts, because I'd never want to do any of those jobs now. However, as of today, I think I have a new dream. There's always a good chance that now I actually say I want to do it, that it will never happen (oh irony!), but after today's fieldwork session, I REALLY REALLY want to do it. :) So, I'm doing fieldwork at a day center/workshop for adults with developmental disabilities and our OT project is to create meaningful activities for the clients to do when there are no work tasks to be done. I came up with the brilliant idea to do hand print/hand painted artwork and/or cards for the sponsors. The director of the facility LOOOOOOOVED it, so we're up and running with this idea and have even laid out what designs we want to do on 2 large canvases to be auctioned off at the facility's upcoming bowling fundraiser. One of them is going to be a huge hand outline filled in with a handprint from the clients who go to the facility. The other canvas is going to be a tree, flowers, sun and clouds, all made out of handprints and fingerprints. I'm basically SOOOOOOOO pumped, which makes me draw the following conclusion:
Someday, I want to own a day center for adults with disabilities where we do crafts and activities all day long that can be sold in the local stores in the community.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment