Tuesday, February 15, 2011

.chocolate covered strawberries.

The last 36 hours have been a little crazy. I feel like every time I'm on campus I'm running around with my head cut off....trying to be a grown up, but unwilling to accept everything that comes with it. We had a meeting today about how to get our last set of loans and how to start paying them back. Yesterday I had to order tickets for my GRAD SCHOOL graduation in October. Yesterday I made my first legit wrist splint. Today I sent in my official application/registration to speak at a Midwestern OT conference. I just realized I have 41 days until I start working as a non-paid OT. I met with my advisor today to plan out my goals for my fieldwork placements, which include studying for my board exam and starting a job search.

Despite the craziness of my life, there are always the moments that remind me that there is so much more to life than school, jobs, money and research. Yesterday I came home from school to a surprise box of chocolate covered strawberries from "my Valentine" for lack of a cuter term. Today I got a text message from a very dear friend (who has been healthy from leukemia for 11 years) that she has cancer AGAIN. Knowing her testimony and her story from her last battle with cancer makes me know that she is strong enough to win this battle again, but I know it will not be an easy road for her and her family. It's so easy for me to overlook the importance of intentional, God-inspired relationships AND the blessings of friendship and get caught up in the daily things of this world. But that's not really what I want in life. I pray that I am able to stop worrying about the future and start praising Him for everything He is taking me through now, and where he will take me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment