So, I will openly admit that I have a weakness for People magazine. It's my guilty pleasure, per se. This week in People, NOT ONLY was there a huge article about Teen Mom (ok...I also have a weakness for trashy reality TV) there was also an excerpt about bed bugs. Today when I opened up my Yahoo email, the front news story was about bed bugs in NYC. Clearly these things are taking over, which brings me to my conclusion. Over the summer, God used these stupid little bed bugs to remind me of the fact that He has a plan greater than I can see. At one point over the summer, the "bb situation" (the staff code for "oh crap...every cabin has been infested by bed begs") was more than I could handle. Really, it was more than any of us could handle. I'd never seen a 80+ person staff ripped apart by anything like this before. No one was sleeping because we were doing laundry til 3-4 AM and we were sleeping on concrete ground...for multiple nights. Not to mention that we couldn't live in our cabins AND the vast majority of us were showing bed bug bites mid-way through the week. I thought that I had made it through the clear, when one morning I woke up and I literally cried to see a few dozen bites on my left arm. That was my breaking point. Sure enough, God came through and I lived through that week. Not only did I live through it, I THRIVED the rest of that week. I have amazing memories from the rest of that week, including the highlight of my summer: adaptive water-skiing. Best ever.
Not only with the bed bugs, but God continues to blow my mind. My HS "sweetheart" (or whatever you prefer to call it) got married over the weekend. I remember at one point in my life when we broke up, that I thought life would never get better than the time I spent with him. False. Looking at his wedding pictures (um....yes, I am a facebook creeper), I realized how much happier I am now than I was with him. By going our separate ways, I have found true joy in what I'm doing (the camp/working with people with disabilities part...not so much the school part), learned what life is REALLY about, and found an even better guy. Win. <3
Monday, September 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
love this.
ReplyDelete