Sunday, September 05, 2010
.short people.
I love my friends. I am just SO thankful that God has given me such great friends in Indianapolis...just being back here feels so much like home!! More importantly, God has given me the gift of seeing people through His eyes, so even though my friends may be crazy different, I love them for it! So last night I went to hang out with two of my camp friends who recently moved to an apartment together. It was a GREAT night, but I'm sure that if anyone else had seen what we did all night, people would have been so confused. It was me, my friend with prosthetic legs, and my other friend who uses a wheelchair. We ALWAYS get strange looks when we go out places, but whatever. Getting to spend time with these guys has been such an eye-opening experience; it's crazy how much people will stare at things that are different from themselves! We had SO much fun and then we went back and the guys taught me to play Risk. It was a CRAZY long game....long enough that my friend was walking around without his legs on and my other friend was crawling around his house, instead of using his chair. When I got up to leave, one of them commented that I must have a thing for "short people", as both of the guys are sitting on the floor. It was a great comment and made me realize how strange it would look to some people, but how it seems strangely normal to me. And then (of course), being ONE WEEK back into school, I was already having all sorts of OT thoughts on how their apartment could be made more accessible. I'm such a nerd....:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment