The best conversations happen at the weirdest times...and most often, they also come when I need them. So today at school, about 75% of our class was complaining about how they failed and/or got a C on our online test over the weekend. Yeah...super lame. After that time, I walked over to the library with a friend who was working on creating some PDF files for her job. So...we got to talking about how we (along with the 53 other second year OTSs) hate school this semester. They are trying to train us to think like OTs, but we just aren't understanding their teaching style, apparently. So my friend and I got to talking about how we are both normally QUITE optimistic people who just try to find the good in everything...but that we've been failing for the last month. It is just extremely difficult to be happy when you're surrounded with grumpy people all the time and you aren't doing well in school (aka this semester). Last night, she shared that she started a "happy moments" journal. Basically, she's writing 3 things a day that happen that are good, so she ends each day reflecting on the happy things in her life and not the sad/frustrating/annoying ones. Definitely a good CBT theory activity to stop focusing on the bad things in life. I concur. I have decided that my blog will be turning into the list of Em's happy moments. I suppose I shall start with today/yesterday.
1. All things camp. I work with a student on campus who used to be a camper and he SERIOUSLY brings me so much joy. Even though I'm just his on-call attendant for 2 nights/week, whenever he calls me, it's SO fun to just go talk to him and hang out for a bit. Yesterday, I also spent the afternoon with my beloved Canadian friend, the boy, and two other camp friends at CAMP! We walked around property and saw the new horse barn and rec pavilion that were only half finished when I left camp ~2 months ago. Just walking around camp and hanging out at our favorite place (which overlooks the lake) was AMAZING. Someday, I'll add pics to Facebook. :)
2. I got MAIL! My Daddy-O sent me a letter in it with some STAMPS! I looooooooove being a pen pal, but I always run out of stamps so quickly. Hmph. Now I can write more letters....YAY!!
3. Lily has arrived. For those who do not know, I have an un-biological twin. She had a baby. She's super adorable and I can't wait to meet her. Regardless, I would call that a happy thing...so here's a shout out to Team Hildebrand and Baby Lily! <3
Monday, September 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment