We hear it everywhere..."home is where the heart is" and "Ohio: The Heart of It All". Luckily, I've been blessed to have my home IN the heart of it all. :) It's been a pretty good weekend at home, but basically every time I come back, I feel a little bit older. Tonight I went to the HS volleyball game where I babysat for one of the graduating seniors when she was in ~4th grade and three of my little swim team girls are now SOPHOMORES and are on the varsity team. Weird. I sat at the game amongst a bunch of old familiar faces, wondering how these parents could POSSIBLY have kids in HS now....haha. Seeing my name up on the wall for All-Ohio swimming from 2004 makes me seem WAY old. That was over six years ago!!! Craziness. So yes...I feel quite old and slightly out-of-place in Findlay anymore. However, Findlay still has that good ol' feeling of going just about anywhere and STILL seeing someone I know. :)
Ok....here's 3 of my happy things of Fall Break...
1. Baking pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with my seeeester :)
2. Going to Dietsch's and then driving around Findlay with my family and 2 other adults squished in my dad's work car....
3. Having a break from homework and getting to spend some quality time with the family :)
Monday, October 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment