Monday, October 04, 2010

.sp.

Who EVER knew that the road sign abbreviation for 'state park' was 'SP'? Clearly I didn't. When I saw the sign for Shades SP over the weekend, I verbally concluded that we must be getting close to Shades State Park; however, that road sign ACTUALLY met that we were at the park. Brilliant, I know. We had quite the epic weekend really. Six OT students in a state park for 40 hours. Yup....good times had. Hopefully in the next day or so I will be adding pictures to Facebook of the ridiculousness of 6 OT students post-competencies. :) So...here's the big 3 happy things of the past few days (yeah...I'm slacking...I know)
1. GETTING MAIL. I got a letter from my best friend from summer camp this summer from New York. I LOVE getting mail from cool places, however I dislike that she lives SO far away :( Basically, I love anything that involves being a pen pal, because I like getting mail THAT much. I'm pretty sure I screamed a little when I saw a letter from her. :)
2. I spent some awesome quality time with my school friends over the weekend. It was just a much needed short break from the reality of competencies/school/tests. It's always fun to see people "out of their element" and out in the woods. Nothing like a little group bonding over a campfire! :)
3. Nature. I forgot how much I like being outside and climbing "rugged to very rugged" trails. It made me miss my camp home and I realized how blessed I am to have such a beautiful home away from home. God's glory was ever present in the waterfalls, trails, and beauty of what we saw this weekend. I'd even go out on a limb to say that God's beauty was seen in an area called "Devil's Punch Bowl". bahahaha. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment