WOOHOO! I just survived my first competency. Not to brag or anything, but I sorta rocked it....like 100%. Woot. Being said, I have things that I am ACTUALLY really happy to talk about on my "3 happy things of 10/1/10" haha. AND I proved to myself that I can actually work with clients with mental illnesses. My client had borderline personality disorder and polysubstance abuse. Buuuuut apparently I know how to help her be a more effective parent!? Holllllllla. :)
1. I'm going camping with OT friends this weekend. It's going to be epic. AND I'm teaching everyone to make banana boats this weekend. I can't WAIT! Definitely will be a good stress relief after a crazy week. :)
2. I rocked my competency. The professor who I THOUGHT was out to ruin my life and fail me out of OT school actually had some really nice things to say about my intervention session. She actually wrote on my paper "I'm so proud of you!" which was AWESOME to hear since I've nearly failed her first two tests and I'm pretty sure she thought I was just plain ridiculous/stupid. haha. Makes me realize how much I appreciate a good compliment...and I probably should give a few more every day!
3. Last night when I was up way late finishing my intervention, I had Monster Cookie Ice Cream. Probably one of the best tasting coping mechanisms I've encountered in a long while :)
Friday, October 01, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment