I suppose I have most recently come to a conclusion: I am quite weird. And so are my friends. But I wouldn't have it any other way because "what makes you different, makes you beautiful!" When hanging out with a dear friend and her new boyfriend over the weekend, she was worried that we would think her boyfriend was "too weird". When we all met up, I realized that he is a PERFECT fit to our group of friends, even though he is the only one not from camp. I have realized that I've been able to gravitate toward my camp friends so much this year, because they are the ones who are most accepting of "being different". I'd never thought of myself as exceptionally weird/quirky before UNTIL last night. But I am SO happy with those people because we're all so unique and we're all completely okay with that! There is no trying to impress anyone and I've realized that I am most comfortable with these people and there is no thinking about what others think of me.
I've also come to accept the fact that even though we are all so different in our own ways, we really are just plain WEIRD. For some reason, we thought it was just definitely alright to start talking about using condom catheters in the middle of dinner in a public restaurant. This has only made me a little more anxious about moving to Columbus and trying to find people to socialize with for 3 months...UNTIL the sermon this morning. In the Bible it says "Do not worry" 366 different times; one for each day of the year (and one for leap year). SUCH a good comfort to the weird unknown....
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
huh. love the random bit at the end. I ight need to find all 366 verses :)
ReplyDelete