OKAY OKAY. So my first attempt at blogging failed. This is my second attempt after some "extreme technical difficulties". But I haven't given up yet! :) So here is my first post from yesterday...on my new blog and I'm going to try REALLY hard not to screw this one up!! :)
from Sunday, January 03, 2010:
I suppose I am a little late on New Years resolutions or anything of that sort, but nevertheless, here I am starting a blog. I'm not one to post my emotions/feelings/thoughts all over the internet, but I thought that this would be a tangible and simple way to recognize the "God moments". A combination of David Crowder's book, Praise Habit (which I had with me this summer) and my daily journaling of the adventurous/everyday happenings at camp kinda sparked the idea of capturing daily "God moments" even at the craziest times for 2010. It has been awesome to look back at my journal from BW and remember all of the little moments had with campers/staff and realizing how blessed I was this summer. I think that finding the "God moments" is a simple way for me to make praise a daily occurrence in my life despite being on-the-go 24/7 and living a busy life. So....here's to 2010 and making it a year full of discovering God in every moment.
I don't know the first thing about blogging, so I guess that makes a sufficient "intro" (if I even need that on a blog..?!?!). So with 2010 starting, it seems like the media (and the whole world really) have put an emphasis on 'change' and that's been on my mind a lot recently. Everything is about making resolutions--to be thinner, exercise more, etc....but generally when I think of the word 'change', I don't like the connotation it brings. For me, it brings the sense of losing part of the past and moving forward in a new and different direction. It's uncomfortable and sometimes I think I'd like to stay put where I am. Yes, 2009 brought definite (and destructive) changes in relationships and I lost several friends HOWEVER... I neglect to realize the positive changes that have occurred within the last 365 days. January 1 started and I texted some of my BW (Bradford Woods....aka summer camp) friends. One of them in particular made a comment about how we didn't even know each other a year ago. It made me stop and think how much change I have experienced just since May!!! Camp brought so many life-changing moments and relationships; I COMPLETELY embraced change this summer! It blows my mind that some of my closest friends right now, I didn't even know before 8 months ago! Interacting with so many amazing people with diverse backgrounds and touching stories has opened my eyes and my heart to an awesome group of people. Being at BW was such a humbling experience and I can still see how my life has been enhanced by being a servant for Him just in one summer.
I really wanted to add a picture here of some people who have changed my life this summer, however I have not figured that out yet. :) I'm working on it......:) Regardless, the biggest God moment of 2009 would be working at BW (even though that covers a million different moments!). Thus far into 2010, my coolest God moment would be receiving a package from an international staff member from Ireland. It was TOTALLY unexpected and so sweet--she wrote me about how she was so thankful we were friends and I am SO thankful to know that we had a great impact on each other! That's all for now....
Monday, January 04, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment