Monday, January 18, 2010

.MLK.

For some reason, unlike every other school, government building, university, or anything of significance, University of Indianapolis has always made us go to school on MLK day. Granted we do have the "celebration of MLK" every year over the lunch hour, but really....I would prefer to celebrate from my apartment with my pajamas on :) That being said, I was less than excited for class today, HOWEVER God is just AWESOME and today was by far the best day of the semester (even IF the whole rest of the world took the day off....)
1. 8:00 class gets cancelled. Great. No one likes to get up early anyways.
2. I actually stayed engaged and alert in neuroscience and I followed about 60% of his lecture. Pretty much a miracle after the disaster of last Monday.
3. I saw the 15 passenger van (donated to the family and their after school program) from when Extreme Home Makeover came to Indy. I was pretty much bouncing up and down in my car for the rest of the drive....
4. I spent the afternoon playing board games with some of my favorite camp people and random IU Med students.....SO much fun (Side notes: Domino's pizza actually IS better now that they have made all those changes. Also, Dominion might be one of my new favorite board games)
5. Our leadership meeting for The Reunion was fabulous and I'm so excited to start back up this week...I'm excited to see where God leads our conversations off of these Nooma videos!

Basically after last week, things are looking up. I just needed a day like today to renew my spirit and realize that there is SO much more to life than reading, reading, reading, papers, and OT school. Thanks God...as usual, you knew EXACTLY what I needed today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment