Just got back from the first leader's meeting of The Reunion for the semester. Mixed feelings about it all....but that's another story. Regardless, we have decided to do Nooma videos for our 'theme' of the semester. I was asked which one we should do next week, and I suggested 'Kickball' as it was the first one to come to mind. We watched the mini-trailer on iTunes and I was in shock. I forgot how much Rob Bell's messages always seem to hit home. OUCH! Definitely was a slap in the face tonight.
I'm sitting here quite stressed out for the first week of school while one roommate is videochatting with her boyfriend of 5 years and the other roommate is at her fiance's apartment. It's obvious where this is headed.....I've basically gone a year and a half without dating/meeting a single guy worth dating. Frustrating as I'm surrounded by it 24/7. It seems to be something that I want SO badly and at times, I think that might be the lone thing that could make me truly happy....which really is the dumbest rationale in the WORLD.
The Kickball trailer ends with the following text on the screen: "Do we trust that God is good and sees a bigger picture than we ever could? It's easy to want what's right in front of us, but maybe God knows what's better for us, and sometimes we just can't see it."
HELLLLLLLLOOOO. Thanks God for the reminder. I don't know why it's SO hard for me to figure that one out, but that's definitely an area where I am struggling now. It's SO easy to trust God with some things, but WHY is this one area that I just can't turn over to Him?!?! As much as I don't like to be reminded of this, it's all about patience; waiting for things in His time, not mine.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you are totally right. and I wrote mine before I read yours and the same for you. twins.
ReplyDeletelove reading your God moments.