Wednesday, January 06, 2010

.four thoughts.

So as I lay here thinking about what exactly to post, I have concluded that I have four random-ish, loosely related thoughts of which I would like to blog.

1. The more I think about this whole blog thing, the more I realized that this is becoming a reflection of how I see God in my daily life...not necessarily all the happy "God moments" but really what He is speaking to my heart.

2. The next three thoughts are semi-related. Also, a side note about me is that I generally listen to 1 CD for weeks and weeks at a time, so I've been listening to Francesca Battistelli lately. :) Her song "It's Your Life" is putting some things into perspective for me. Although I'm just a 22 year old, girl-next-door type of person, I think that I do have a great influence on those around me; that somewhat frightens me. So these lyrics have really hit home to me recently from her song:

It’s your life
What you gonna do?
The world is watching you
Every day the choices you make
Say what you are and who
Your heart beats for
It’s an open door
It’s your life


Basically the line that says "the world is watching you" really speaks to me. As I'm continually growing more independent and away from the people of my comfort zone, I meet lots of new people through school, work, camp, etc. I'm wondering what the world truly sees of me....am I having the impact on the world that I want everyone to see? Are they looking past my goofiness and jokes to see my true motives and passion for people and Christ?! Gosh, I hope so, but I think this song is challenging me into living my life for "what am I and who my heart beats for".

3. So this pretty much branches from my last thought. I remember February when I went in for my first job interview, my boss asked me how my friends would describe me. I would have liked to use the "phone a friend" lifeline here, but obviously I had to guess what others honestly thought about me. This just reminds me of this song because what I hope my friends view me as, is who I really am. Since I rarely live in Findlay, I'm generally always around my friends, so they see ALL my sides. Challenging thought (for me atleast): Do ALL my sides show who my heart beats for?!

4. I walked across my yard this morning after a whole night of snow. I turned back around after I got in my car and realized what sort of impact I had just by my 30 second walk. For some reason, it made my think of the ladies of The Reunion (the Bible study group I lead). We only meet for 1 to 1 1/2 hours for about 12-13 weeks per semester. As I looked at my yard realizing that the snow won't ever go back to the way it once was because of the steps I took in the snow, and I thought about the impressions I am leaving on these girls. The girls I'm with are AWESOME and such a blessing, I hope that the impression I am leaving on them is one that shows my passion for Christ and for THEM! I hope that I can leave atleast a tiny positive impact on them so that they are influenced to live differently. Basically, my thoughts are turning back to Indy/school/Bible study...so I can tell I'm ready to get back to my life there!

1 comment:

  1. love your blog and you.
    first, you definitely have left an impression on me and my life. have no doubt about that, and yes, it is a good one.
    second. as Christians, it obviously our first thought should be "do other see Christ in me?" at least for me, it's frustrating that I'll feel on a spiritual high and feel super close to God but that it seems to only be for a time. asking myself that question daily might help me out :)

    ReplyDelete