Monday, January 04, 2010

.windshield wipers.

Okay...so here comes post #2 and hopefully I won't accidentally delete the entire blog like I did on the last one. Oops! :)

Anyways....today I drove up to Michigan to meet up with a friend from camp who I hadn't seen since camp ended in July; it was FABULOUS to see her, but 4 hours roundtrip in the car gave me a LOT of time to think. During my mini roadtrip up north, I was driving through a slush/snow/rain mixture. Being the overly paranoid driver that I am, I had my windshield wipers on pretty steadily for the drive. I just think it's super annoying/distracting to drive with stuff all over my windshield; so much dirt just clutters my clear view and I'm not a fan of that.
I got to thinking about how my daily life is JUST like driving through a snow/rain/slush/whatever storm. With an exception of the last 3 1/2 weeks on Christmas break, I'm usually living day-to-day on a strict schedule with balancing working 2-3 jobs, OT school, and leading with The Reunion. It seems like all of these things can just pile up and become a bunch of junk on my 'windshield' of life. The demands of each activity just pile up and up and sometimes it seems like I can barely see my purpose and goals for my life. However, everytime I'm doing any sort of "church related" activity (The Reunion, the dwelling, small group, church, etc.), I'm able to walk away from the meeting as if I can see everything in life more clearly. It's like spending quality time in worship and fellowship can clear away all of the stress from the junk in my life and for a few moments, I can realize how blessed I truly am (sort of like a windshield wiper!). Of course, as soon as I leave whatever activity, it seems like stresses return and soon they have cluttered my view on life (aka I'm just stressed again!)
This being said, I was imagining what my life would look like if the 'windshield wipers' in my life were constantly on....as if I was so into the Word/worshipping that I constantly could recognize that God is in control and HE is the one who will get me through whatever junk that life is throwing at me! Just thinking about the peace of putting my trust in Him instead of worrying/stressing all the time about silly earthly things sounds wonderful!
I guess I'm starting to get back into school mode, and I'm trying to find ways to live less stressed out than I was first semester...if at all possible. Bring it on neuroscience, biomechanics, and my six other classes!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment