Sunday, January 17, 2010

.lists.

So I saw my name on the graduation list today. For lack of better things to do (or just some mad procrastination skills), I was looking on the registrar's website and its SO weird to see my name on the graduation list. It's essentially what I've been waiting four years for and now it's FINALLY here. In another 23 months, my name will be on the list again for my OT degree, which is REALLY what I have wanted for going on five years. On top of that, today I first saw my roommate's wedding registry list online at Target. WEIRD. She's been engaged a year and a half, and its ridiculous that she'll be getting married soon. It seems like yesterday that we were little freshman in our first dorm room...talking about how graduation, getting married, and "growing up" seemed so far away. But here we are....3 1/2 months away from graduation and 17+ weeks away from the wedding. Even though I'll still be at school, I'll be changing roommates and my friends will have moved onto to other things.....it boggles my mind to think about it all. This leads me to Matthew West's song, "The Motions". The last 4-ish years have seemed like a BLUR...but how have I lived the last three years? In 10 years, what will I be remembering about my college years?! I KNOW I have grown as a Christian and emotionally as a person over the last 4 years, but "I don't want to spend my whole life asking, 'what if I had given everything instead of going through the motions?'" I thank God for the awesome memories I've had with a dynamic group of friends, but have I given all the glory to Him for everything that He has done for me? Probably not. Definitely an area to continue pursuing.....<3

No comments:

Post a Comment