Saturday, January 09, 2010

.transition.

Well here comes my first post from Indianapolis! :)

I suppose this could be an extension to my last post (.home.) as I have safely returned to Indy and I am finally unpacked in the glorious Fox Club Apts. Really the Findlay-Indy transition couldn't have gone better, for which I am quite thankful!!! I arrived in Indy after an extra long drive (silly snow...), called a friend/neighbor to help me move my stuff upstairs, and within an hour both roommates were back! We had a load of fun trying to set up our new TV and catching up and then I went to work; I was really reminded how easily it is for me to call Indy my 'home'. I'm always anxious on the transition from Findlay-Indy as it is a complete change for me when it comes to friends, apartment life, etc...but thanks to God for a smooth transition! :)
In other news, I have some mixed emotions about the semester. I'm nervous for a few classes (especially since when I picked up my books the cashier brought out a large box and asked me "how many bricks did you order this semester?!?!" yup...10 OT books is not light). I guess it will just be HUGELY important for me to remember that He has control of my future no matter how crazy things get!! Even when the burdens are heavy, He is the only one who can lift that weight of stress/school craziness. But being back in Indy is making me excited for the semester too. I actually have missed my classmates (being in class 25 hours/week with the same 52 people WILL make you miss some of them.....) and it's FINALLY the semester I've been waiting for. We're starting fieldwork this semester and I've been waiting basically since I was a HS senior to start being in the field!!! It should be a learning experience for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment